Vacations can potentially cost a lot of money. When you want to give your wallet a rest, take advantage of the following no-to-low-cost things to do in the North Myrtle Beach SC area. It just goes to prove that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to have a good time!
1. Free Summer Concerts – Every Thursday evening there are free summer concerts open to the public from 7 to 9 p.m. Bring a chair and wear your dancing shoes. These concerts will have you on your feet and moving all through the summer! Main Street; 202 Main Street, North Myrtle Beach and Horseshoe; 11 S. Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach.
2. McLean Park – Located on Oak Drive in the Ocean Drive section of North Myrtle Beach, this is a 10 acre park that has picnic tables, grills, a 2 acre lake, playground, paved walking trails, tennis courts, roller hockey rink, a softball/baseball field and a meditation garden. The park is the site of many of the Parks and Recreation Department’s special events like free weekly concerts or movies.
3. Barefoot Landing – SummerFest 2014 lasts all summer long at Barefoot Landing and provides nightly boardwalk entertainers that include an assortment of magicians and clowns, stilt walkers, Nigel & Ally’s Traveling Dance Party, Nick Pike, unicyclists, jugglers, comedians, Kids’ Karaoke and more. Come enjoy free carousel rides on Saturdays and fireworks at 10:15 p.m. every Monday night.
4. The Hippo Waterslide – The world’s largest waterslide, The Hippo, is a 3-story slide that you can ride for just $3 per ride. Located on the beach between 1st and 2nd Avenues South in North Myrtle Beach this is affordable for any beachgoer. Purchase an all-day wristband for just $20!
5. Candlelit Dinner on the Beach – Pack a cooler with an assortment of special foods suitable for dinner. You can find these in any of the local delis. Bring a beach blanket, candles & matches and some easy-listening music. Head over to the closest beachfront as dusk approaches and spread out your blanket, surrounding it with candles stuck in the sand. With music playing and by the light of the candles, enjoy a romantic dinner on the beach.
Now that you know you can safe a bundle on things to do once you’re here you can also take advantage of the Hot Deals we have going on all the time at Grand Strand Resorts. Deals like 15-25% off full week stays or free nights thrown in, are not to be missed! If we can assist you in any way please give us a call at 800-367-6515 or reach us through our Contact page.