Not everyone can afford to spend lots of money on a vacation and the cost is too often the deciding factor in whether a family will take a vacation at all! If you’re tired of going to your local state parks and community centers to spend mini-vacations in an attempt to save money, consider these 10 great ideas. It just might make the difference in whether you stay home or travel to coastal South Carolina.
1. Take advantage of special rates on accommodations. Staying in a rental like Ashworth North Myrtle Beach and you’ll have onsite swimming pools, lazy rivers, hot tubs, and TV/DVD players to make the most of.
2. Come out and watch the free Myrtle Beach Air Show taking place from Friday, June 28 through Sunday, June 30 over the boardwalk in downtown Myrtle Beach. There will be performances by the world’s best pilots during the three-day schedule.
3. Free Sunday Serenades will be held at the gazebo in Fuller Park, Surfside Beach, on June 30 from 2 to 5 p.m. Kate Brown, Jimmy Gladden, David LaCombe and Duke Tinnes will be performing.
4. Movies Under the Stars takes place every Wednesday in June, July & August from 9-11 p.m. in Valor Park at The Market Common. Nacho Hippo will sell beer, wine & nachos. Canipes Chocolates & Candies will sell gourmet snacks and popcorn.
6. Catch a free Plyler Park Concert in Myrtle Beach during the summer months. Events are open to the public and are held from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights.
7. SummerFest at Barefoot Landing takes place Saturday, June 1 through Saturday, August 31. Fireworks will be held every Monday at 10:15 p.m. over the lake. Boardwalk entertainers will be performing nightly. A Strolling Boardwalk Parade will be held every Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. All free and open to the public.
8. Come out and enjoy free Movies After Dark in Surfside Beach on Thursday at 9 p.m. from June 6 through August 29. Admission is free. Bring a chair or blanket to Martin Field at the corner of Dogwood Drive South and 6th Avenue South.
9. Enjoy free Fireworks at Broadway at the Beach every Tuesday night at 10 p.m.
10. The Boathouse Summer Concert Series is taking place every Sunday at noon through September 3, 2013. Head on over to The Boathouse on the Intracoastal Waterway for a free outdoor Sunday Funday!
There are plenty of things to do at the beach that are free to low cost. If you’re interested in booking your stay at Ashworth North Myrtle Beach give us a call at 800-367-6515 and we can help you with that. We look forward to your arrival!