A late season vacation in Myrtle Beach is an ideal time to take advantage of inexpensive travel options, including cheap airplane tickets and reduced prices on rentals. Many destinations offer visitors price breaks on off-season stays.
With the upcoming holidays approaching here are some tips on how to save on your holiday travel for a vacation in Myrtle Beach.
• Be flexible as to the days you are willing to travel and add a few days to your trip before or after peak holiday travel days. By flying on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or early New Year’s Days travelers can usually realize significant savings.
• Be open to taking connecting flights since often an itinerary that includes one stop can be as much as $100 less than direct flights.
• Consider flying part way then driving the rest of the way to your destination or drive to a different airport and fly from there. Most Internet search sites can check fares at airports up to 100 miles from your ultimate destination.
• If you are certain of your travel plans to vacation in Myrtle Beach, consider that many places offer discounts for non-refundable reservations.
• Typically vacation package prices are cheaper than reservations made separately for airline tickets and hotel rooms. If you will be staying at a hotel at your destination, always look into package pricing.