There’s nothing like an endless day hanging out at one of North Myrtle’s beaches when you book a North Myrtle Beach vacation rental. The beach areas of Windy Hill, Crescent Beach, Ocean Drive, and Cherry Grove are all full of family-friendly activities, but sometimes you need a little air-conditioned adventure to liven up your vacation. There’s no better way to get your adrenaline pumping than with an interactive escape room experience!
Whether you want to show off your detective skills or hope to solve a mystery with Scooby and the Gang, you’ll have your choice of adventures with the abundance of fun escape rooms in the North Myrtle Beach area.
Break Out Escape Room
- Website: breakoutmyrtlebeach.com
- Address: 314 Main Street, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- Open: Daily, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Break Out Escape is located right in the heart of North Myrtle. You will need to make reservations online. They have slots available all day, with scheduling in 30-minute increments. Take note, this spot gets busy, especially during peak season.
All of their games involve interactive experiences across multiple rooms. You’ll have one hour to beat the clock and escape. When you book your experience, you’ve reserved the entire room for your party. All of their rooms are private.
Breakout Escape Room offers six different action-packed adventures:
- Escape the Serial Killer will have you searching for a way out before a murderous chainsaw killer returns to disassemble you.
- CSI : Myrtle Beach transforms you into crime scene investigators racing to stop a murderous rampage.
- Red Beard’s Revenge is a treacherous treasure hunt in search of Blackbeard’s pirate map
- The Curse of Volcano Island leaves you stranded on an island, desperate to escape a volcanic curse.
- Zombie Outbreak will have you fleeing hordes of zombies and searching for answers in an abandoned lab.
- Cannibal Collector will leave you desperate to escape a deranged killer who dines on his victims.
Pro tip: When you first enter an escape room, make a mental note of all the places where you may need to input a key or code – this will be helpful in getting your team to the other side!
Riddles Escape Room
- Website: riddlesescaperoom.com
- Address: 9713 North Kings Highway Myrtle Beach, SC
- Open: Daily, 12:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Riddle’s Escape Room is just a few miles outside North Myrtle and about a 10-minute drive. They offer games starting at under $30 per player. Ages 7 and under are free. All rooms here are private, so you don’t have to worry about getting paired with people you do not know.
Riddle’s offers four uniquely themed escape rooms and also has new rooms coming soon:
- Mystery Mansion finds you with a foe desperate to stop your rightful inheritance.
- Luxury Lunar Orbit is a spaceship voyage gone awry
- Marooned Island Escape will take you racing to escape a deserted island before a deadly storm hits.
- Escape from the Grande Strand Hotel will have you checking into the Grand Strand, a hotel that no one ever checks out of.
Myrtle Beach Room Escape
- Website: myrtlebeachroomescape.com
- Address:316 9th Ave N. Myrtle Beach, SC
- Open: Daily, 12:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
This escape room spot offers some shorter games spanning just 20 minutes. Games are priced per person and depend on the length of the game. A 20-minute game costs $10 per person, a 30-minute game $15, and a 60-minute game will run $30 per person.
Games are not private here unless you reserve the entire room for your group.
This location has six different themed rooms:
- Witch’s Castle is the place to hone your magical skills to escape a magic castle.
- Hijacked leaves you racing through the air, trying to defeat hijackers.
- The Walking Dead sends you through zombie hordes on a crucial supply run to save your group.
- Jailbreak is an interactive jailbreak evading guards.
- The Mummy leaves you searching for a way out of a locked tomb.
- The Wizard of Oz will have you looking for a way back home to Kansas.
Backstage Escape Room
- Website: backstageescapegames.com
- Address: 1314 Celebrity Circle #165 Myrtle Beach, SC ( Broadway at the Beach)
- Open: Daily, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Backstage Escape is located at Broadway at the Beach and makes a fun stop if you’re already out dining or shopping in the area. They do not offer private rooms unless you book all spots. Their games start at around $36 per person.
You’ll find three different room options at Backstage Escape:
- The Legend of Atlantis will send you in search of power crystals that could change the world.
- Dark Winter’s Night is a quest to save Christmas from the evil Krampus.
- The Haunting of Hyde House finds you abandoned by your tour guide and trapped in a haunted house.
- Website: escapology.com
- Address: 400 N Kings Highway, Suite D, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Open: Daily, 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
This interactive escape room has a wide variety of games suitable for all age levels. You’ll even find family fun escape games with Scooby Doo. Games start at around $40 for ages 13 and up. 12 and under are around $30. All rooms are private.
This spot offers five adventures:
- Lost City finds you racing to find a treasure and escape a temple.
- 7 Deadly Sins requires you to kill an evil minister and break a curse.
- Mansion Murder will leave you fighting for a large inheritance.
- Scooby Doo and the Spooky Castle is a Scooby-sized mystery that can only be solved with teamwork and the help of Mystery Inc.
- The Cuban Crisis has you racing to stop a missile crisis.
Captive Escape Rooms
- Website: captiverooms.com
- Address: 1120 N. Kings Highway Myrtle Beach, SC
- Open: Closed Monday. Tuesday to Thursday, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Friday to Sunday, 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Located just a few blocks from the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Pier 14, this spot has lots of fun attractions to visit after you’ve conquered an escape game. At Captive Escape, all games are private and reserved for your group only. Prices start at 34.99 per person, and there are discounts available for groups greater than 5 people.
At this location, you’ll find four different game options.
- Dracula’s Library is a quest to reveal Dracula, which evolves into a deadly game.
- Charlotte’s Attic is a family murder/suicide with lots of mystery to unlock.
- Piece of 8 is a pirate adventure where you must escape or walk the plank.
- 13 Doors unlocks a key to a large inheritance if you solve it in time.
- Website: escapegoatsmb.com
- Address: 3250 Waccamaw Blvd, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Open: Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m to 11 a.m.; Friday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Sunday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m
You’ll find Escape Goats just off Hwy 501 and convenient to lots of shopping and dining. The rooms here are private, and prices start at around $40 per person.
Escape Goats currently has two rooms, but three more are coming soon:
- Bank Heist has you robbing a bank and attempting to escape before the police arrive.
- Curse of Dr. Adams Train leaves you racing a clock to fix a cursed train, or else you’ll vanish forever.
Escape from an Ordinary Vacation
When you’re craving more than the sand and sun at the beach, consider challenging your brain with an interactive adventure. You’ll find no shortage of fun escape rooms when you stay at a North Myrtle Beach vacation rental!