Are you planning on visiting North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? If so, you probably already know that there is a lot this area has to offer. You are probably looking for delicious food, the warm ocean, and a fun boardwalk with shopping and dining opportunities. Of course, you might also be looking for a fitness center that will allow you to stay in shape in the NMB area.
That is where the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center is helpful.
Frequently shortened to NMB AFC, there is a lot this fitness center has to offer. There is a therapy pool, fitness classes, and the opportunity to take a few swim lessons. Let’s dive right into what you need to know about the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center, and understand why it’s become so popular.
Address and Hours
First, you need to be familiar with the exact address and hours of the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center.
You can find the fitness center located at:
- 1100 2nd Ave S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Then, the hours of the fitness center are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
The hours change frequently during the course of the week, so make sure to take a close look at the schedule before you decide to drive over there. If you have questions about the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center, you can contact them at (843) 281-3737.
What Are the Amenities at the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center?
The North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center is one of the biggest buildings in the local area. It is a total of 64,000 square feet. Some of the quick highlights of the fitness equipment at the center include:
- There are more than two dozen treadmills.
- There are multiple types of bikes including recumbent bikes and upright bikes.
- The center has three rowing machines.
- There are multiple ab coasters.
- There is a jogging and walking track with two separate lanes.
- There are two racquetball courts present at the facility.
- Up there are multiple spinning bikes, a fitness stepper, and several Airdyne bikes.
- There are numerous freestanding pieces of equipment that you can use to create a total body circuit.
- There are lots of free weights.
- There is a designated area for stretching and ab workouts.
Clearly, there is just about anything you could possibly desire at the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center.
What Are the Aquatics Like at the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center?
When you come to the North Myrtle Beach area, you probably envision getting in the water. Even though you should certainly take advantage of the ocean, you can also visit the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center to take advantage of the aquatic amenities. When you visit the NMB AFC, you have access to a state-of-the-art aquatic facility filled with a wide variety of amenities.
- For example, you may want to swim laps in the 25-yard lap pool. This is a pool that has eight lanes, so you might not even have to share a lane with anybody.
- There are also competitive meets that take place here from time to time, complete with a novel timing system.
- There is also an indoor water slide for added entertainment.
- When it is time to rest and rejuvenate, you can take advantage of the therapy pool, which has three lanes. There is also a sauna and hot tub present.
If you don’t feel like exercising on your own, there are water exercise classes available. The classes are designed to build cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, and strength. Because you have extra buoyancy in the water, you can push yourself against the resistance of the pool, helping you get in better shape. I suggest you call the center the week you’re planning to visit to get an update of the class schedules.
Activities Are Available For Children
If you have children, there are activities for them at the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center as well. If you don’t think your kids want to exercise with you, there is a child watch area that is under constant supervision. Children are allowed to stay for two consecutive hours, and the area is designed for children between 6 months of age and 10 years of age. Furthermore, every staff member is CPR certified.
There are also programs available for other children as well. For example, there might be a summer camp going on that children can sign up for. For older kids, there are additional activities that take place throughout the day. You may want to reach out to the fitness center to learn more about the opportunities that are available for children.
Consider Visiting The North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center
Ultimately, these are just a few of the most important highlights you need to keep in mind regarding the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center. Whether you feel like signing up for a Zumba class, enjoying some cardio, getting in a good body pump, or playing a pickup game on the basketball court, there are opportunities for just about everyone.
This is a good gym in the Grand Strand area, and you should consider checking it out when you visit North Myrtle Beach SC. Take advantage of the ocean and swimming pools, and take care of your wellness!